Snapshot vs Portrait

12:13 AM

The difference between a snapshot vs a portrait.  Do you know the difference?
A SNAPSHOT!
A snapshot is an “in the moment” and a portrait is posed.  Which one is more important?  Both.  I have caught some of my best images when it is just on the fly.  The thing I love the most is when the subject is not looking at me.  When they do not notice that I am photographing even better.  I feel that you are able to capture them in their natural state.  It seems people “turn on” when they know they are photographed.  The downfall with snapshots is that you have little control of the background and the lighting.
A PORTRAIT!
Even though I love snapshots, portraits have their place.   Portraits can capture a person at their best.  In a portrait you are looking at the camera (generally but not always) and stage a pose.   I love to always have a photo with me.  Most people do, that is what is nice about smartphones because now-a-day phones take fabulous photos.  I have taken many snapshots with my phone.  Time to practice both.  Try getting out there and practice both.


Keep on pushing (the camera button) until next time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images